Experienced NICU RN – New Graduate Pediatric Nurse Practitioner – TEXAS
OBJECTIVE : An ambitious Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Grad. May 2015) looking to further my professional career with a company that shares the same compassion & commitment to the pediatric population. Opportunity for continual professional growth and practices a must.
UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI – KANSAS CITY, MO
MASTERS OF SCIENCE IN NURSING SCIENCE, ANTICIPATED GRAD MAY 2015
PEDIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER – PRIMARY CARE
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY – BROOKINGS, SD
BACHELORS OF SCIENCE IN NURSING, MAY 2012
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH DAKOTA – VERMILLION, SD
ASSOCIATES OF SCIENCE IN NURSING, MAY 2003
AVERA MCKENNAN HOSPITAL, SIOUX FALLS, SD JUNE 2004 – PRESENT
REGISTERED NURSE, NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
• Resource Nurse – Utilize leadership skills to oversee the unit, critical infant admissions, and staffing needs. Attended high-risk deliveries and assisted with emergent procedures such as blood administration, central line insertion, intubation, chest-tube insertion, and neonatal resuscitation within scope of practice.
• Flight Nurse – Responsible for the transport of critically ill neonates via fixed wing from outlying hospitals. Stabilized infants using emergent procedures and critical thinking skills.
• Staff Nurse – Managed the care of critically ill neonates utilizing effective time management skills in close collaboration with physicians, neonatal nurse practitioners and other health disciplines. Cared for neonates with congenital abnormalities, anomalies, heart conditions, respiratory distress, metabolic disorders, and chronic conditions of premature infants.
SIOUX FALLS SCHOOL DISTRICT, SIOUX FALLS, SD NOV 2011-MAY 2014
REGISTERED NURSE, SCHOOL DISTRICT GRADES PRE-K-12
• Autonomously cared for children in the public school system with both acute and chronic health problems, including asthma, diabetes, ADHD, and allergic reactions
• Flexible in accommodating school districts daily needs by providing care to any of 33 different schools at short notice.
AVERA MCKENNAN HOSPITAL, SIOUX FALLS, SD JUNE 2003-JUNE 2004
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN, INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
• Provided bedside care and documentation for ICU patients, while following hospital and unit policies.
• Professional Development Program Recipient (10-week summer program providing educational and clinical experience as a nursing student).
PROFESSIONAL CLINICAL EXPERIENCE
INDIAN HEALTH SERVICES RESERVATION, ROSEBUD, SD
• 80 HOURS
PEDIATRIC PRIMARY CARE CLINIC, SIOUX FALLS, SD
• 465 HOURS
CHILD’S VOICE (CHILD ADVOCACY CENTER), SIOUX FALLS, SD
• 185 HOURS
PEDIATRIC DERMATOLOGY CLINIC, KANSAS CITY, MO
• 40 HOURS
PROFESSIONAL PROJECTS HAITI MISSION TRIP(S)
• Designed and created an interactive presentation following my medical missions to Haiti. Spoke at various community organizations; churches, schools, and hospital unit meetings to inform, teach, and gather support for the people’s needs in Haiti.
SCHOOL BASED HEALTH PROJECT
• Created and facilitated an educational program to pregnant and teen mothers at one of local high schools. It provided both medical, social, and emotional information to pregnant and teen moms while encouraging balance and success in both school and home, hoping to decrease the high school drop-out rate due to becoming a teen mom.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
• National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP)
• Court Appointed Child Advocate (CASA volunteer)
• Community Volunteer (Local school district, food shelter & refugee family volunteer)
PROFESSIONAL LICENSURE & CERTIFICATIONS
• Registered Nurse, South Dakota (Compact State Licensure)
• Advanced Practice Nurse, South Dakota (Anticipated May 2015)
• Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
• Basic Life Support (BLS)